|Client:||Dr. Oetker||Size:||185,500 sq. ft.|
|Project Type:||Manufacturing, Mechanical & Electrical Upgrades||Project Challenge:||Cost Management, Delay & Overrun Avoidance, Procurement Advice|
|manufacturingbaking hallofficespackaging linesfreezers & cold storageshipping & receiving docks|
Dr. Oetker Pizza Manufacturing Plant
International Developers Can Benefit From Local, Independent Advice
This European manufacturer was planning to build a new frozen pizza manufacturing plant in Ontario, but they were unfamiliar with the North American construction market.
While the German plant design met exacting German standards and was tried and true, Dr. Oetker knew that in order to navigate the North American construction marketplace smoothly and to optimize costs, they would require an experienced guide to advise on North American construction methods, codes and the local construction market.
A.W. Hooker Associates Ltd. acted as the Owner’s Representative for this project to guide Dr. Oetker Canada to achieve the best value for their investment. As the Owner’s Representative, A.W. Hooker provided independent review and technical advice and services on all matters concerning design, costs, constructability, procurement, tender documents and post-contract changes.
The frozen pizza manufacturing plan was built on time and on budget. With A.W. Hooker’s involvement, Dr. Oetker Canada:
- Received independent technical advice on constructability and costs
- Identified and eliminated unnecessary expenditures through value engineering
- Avoided costly delays through swift settlement of contractor delay claims
- Avoided extra costs by having Change Orders independently reviewed, estimated and negotiated
- Saved time and money by having independent technical staff review and authorize progress claims
- Avoided costly changes after tender by having an independent expert ensure tender documents were complete and ready for tender
- Confidence that they awarded the contract to the highest quality General Contractor (based on price and ability) through A.W. Hooker’s Tender Analysis and review
- Reduced time in the project schedule by using recommended contractors
- Project Monitoring (Continuous monitoring for potential risks including detailed budget reviews, review of change orders, cash flow, financing, and schedule)
- Issued the Certificate of Substantial Completion once substantial completion is achieved.
- Issued Final Completion Certificate